The Cyber Security Symposium will address how individuals can become an integral part of their organisations’ preparedness strategy for future attacks, how data should and is being managed and what the strategic vision needs to be to create a compliant and cybersafe culture in the NHS and wider healthcare sector.
Attendees will learn from practical case-study examples from both inside and outside of the NHS which will support high level discussion and strategy from NHS Digital, NHS England and Dame Fiona Caldicott.
- NHS Digital are doubling down on their commitment to improving cybersecurity standards by working with industry to deliver a new Security Operations Centre.
- The legacy of WannaCry may well be an adequately prepared health service as an additional £150 million will be spent over the next 3 years to improve the NHS’s resilience against attacks.
- All NHS Trust boards have been urged to appoint a lead on data security following the WannaCry attack
- NHS Digital is currently recruiting for a national CISO to lead policy and security in the future.
- Already £39 million has been spent by NHS trusts to address infrastructure weaknesses that are an easy vector of attack with large scale upgrades to the NHS’s core IT infrastructure as the first step.
- Between GDPR, the ICO and the National Data Guardian’s office, personal and organisational data have once again come to the forefront of public consciousness.
Who should attend?
- Chief Cyber Security Officers (CSO)
- Chief Information Security Officers (CISO)
- Directors of Information Governance
- Heads of Risk and Compliance
- Directors of IT and Digital Transformation
- Chief Information Officers (CIO)
- Chief Clinical Information Officers (CCIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTO)
- Systems Architects
- Heads of Procuremen
What will you gain?
- Insider knowledge of the technical challenges that the NHS is facing in tackling cybercrime and cyber-attacks, with first hand insight from the leaders securing the system.
- Understanding the latest procedures on coping with and helping to prevent cyber-attacks including information on CareCERT, the Data Security and Protection Toolkit and the Data Security Centre.
- Guidelines and evidential testimony on becoming GDPR compliant and safely managing data
- Wider knowledge of cybersecurity advances such as blockchain, distributed ledger technology and ethical hackers.
- Exposure to the providers and suppliers who are collaborating with the NHS and wider health sector to understand their needs and meet the ongoing challenges.
- Unprecedented networking opportunities with the cyber leadership of the NHS and colleagues experiencing similar challenges from up and down the country.
- Access to first in UK international case studies on collaborative security and blueprints for setting out new models in your own organisations
Our 75 hours’ worth of content is CPD accredited, enabling you to get the most out of your time at the show. You can earn up to 14 points towards your CPD portfolio. View further details here
To ensure you dont miss the most important seminars view our CSIH stage agendas for the Cyber Security Symposium, Cyber Security Solutions Stage and the Hot Seat.
View the CSIH Agendas
Get your free pass today