This year’s conference and seminars will provide everything NHS procurers need to know about the Department of Health Social Care’s Procurement Transformation Programme (PTP), the Future Operating Model (FOM) and all new Category Tower providers.
Attendees will hear from practical case-study solutions from procurement and finance teams working together across the NHS as they strive to improve operational efficiency and realise much needed cost savings. These examples of excellence will be closely aligned with keynote presentations from Department of Health and Social Care, Lord Carter of Coles and key arm’s length government bodies, laying the strategic groundwork for success.
- Following Lord Carter’s Review in 2015, Trust procurement teams have been tasked with delivering billions of pounds worth of cost savings by reducing unwarranted variation and improving efficiency throughout their end-to-end supply chains.
- The NHS Supply Chain has been revamped into the Future Operating Model (FOM) and has been designed to realise £615m of savings in real terms over the next 3 years (2018-21).
- NHS trusts have collectively made over £250m of savings through changes in procurement up to September 2017.
- It has been proposed that, the introduction of GS1 standards will allow every NHS hospital in England to save an average of £3m each year. The introduction of Scan4safety across the six demonstrator sites have already resulted in over £700,000 worth of savings.
- Reducing unwarranted variation through the Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) programme could achieve annual potential savings for the NHS in England of £268m.
Who should attend?
- Chief Procurement Officers
- Directors of Procurement
- Directors of Sourcing
- Chief Financial Officers (CFO)
- Directors of IT and Digital Transformation
- Heads of Contracts and Commissioning
- Heads of Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- Category Leads
- Directors of Estates and Facilities
- Hospital Business Managers
- Clinical Directors
What will you gain?
- Hear first-hand national strategy updates about what the future has in store for procurement in the coming years.
- In-depth insights as to what the FOM will mean for your teams, your work and your existing supplier relationships.
- Learn best practice examples of how to improve end-to-end visibility and traceability throughout your Trust supply chains with unique experiences shared by the Ministry of Defence.
- Hear practical examples of how to reduce unwarranted variation by improving both patient safety and clinical product assuredness.
- Discover how to digitise and streamline your procurement processes to maximise cost savings and increase productivity.
- The opportunity to engage, connect and trade with government trade bodies and industry recommended suppliers, all under one roof.
- Network and benchmark with peers from across the UK to gain tangible takeaways that you can implement back at the workplace.
Our 75 hours’ worth of content is CPD accredited, enabling you to get the most out of your time at the show. You can earn up to 14 points towards your CPD portfolio. View further details here
To ensure you dont miss the most important seminars view our PIH stage agendas for the Procurement Transformation Stage, Interoperability and Infrastructure Theatre, Workforce of the Future Stage and Hot Seat.
View the PIH Agendas
Get your free pass today